Whats grinding your gears at the moment? Here’s my list:
1.Whats up with the silent and steady increase in food pricing or is that my imagination? Anyone?
2.On a similar note I have just about had enough of the treadmill of work, there hasn’t been much of it and please sir, I would like some more? Is that so much to ask. I have bills to pay you know. I want to grind the gears a little harder but need some work to grind for that to happen.
3.Looking for something fun to do with your kids? Forget the mall and exhibitions, unless they have a kiddies area with loads of entertainment …it is just not worth it. Try some fresh air instead. Its cheaper and you can usually work in some exercise for yourself, your kids and the family dog.
4.Rain, don’t mess with my running schedule, please. I am doing so well.I have ground up 4kgs in the last 5 weeks, don’t want to stop now.
5. Moles, aren’t they especially infuriating? Any idea how to kill them humanely or at least get rid of them? I don’t have a clue, and my new grass doesn’t either. I really don’t enjoy the idea of drowning the poor creatures but if they continue to dig up my garden, no matter how cute they are, the mole or moles will die.
6. Homework books that are left at school or school books that are left at home. I would have thought that the threat of detention would have some effect. None so far.
7. The fake smile, you know the one, where people are overly friendly and carry the most stupid irritating grin on their face. Try being genuine for a change. Please?
8. Glue: see my previous post for a better understanding of what I am talking about.
9. Pests, leave my plants alone. Recently my herb garden experienced a serious invasion of the cabbage butterfly worm ( I think that is what they were). My daughter insisted on us removing all of them to the compost heap on the other side of the house. Do you know what a painful experience it is to try and pull a bunch of tiny little bugs of a plant you have loved and nurtured for so long, one by one, with your daughter standing expectantly in the background ready to save the little critters.
10. Those disgusting or sickening sensationalist sign posts newspapers put up everywhere. The next question you hear from your 9 year old daughter is ‘ Mom, what does ‘tik’ and ‘moord’ mean? Seriously who regulates what wording go on these boards which any child with half an idea on reading can sound out. I hope the MD’s of the independent newspapers, the Sun, or Son, the Argus and any other newspaper using sign board and sensationalism in the hopes of selling more papers ( I don’t and won’t buy any of them) have their kids asking them the same awkward questions.
Tags: daily grind, food pricing, homework, moles, mom, pests, sick, South Africa